Baby

So for those who have not already heard or guessed by the countdown, Jeremy and I are expecting a baby. The due date is January 18th or 19th depending on which one you look at.

For the story now: Thursday I was not feeling the greatest with a low-grade fever and body aches. I left work early and decided to stop off at the allergist office to get my shot. One of the girls asked me if I was pregnant, and I said I didn't think so. But that got me thinking so when I got home I took a test and lo and behold, I'm pregnant. I went out to the kitchen were Jeremy was and told him that I have some potentially good or bad news. He got the most shocked look on his face. We decided that we would get a couple more tests to confirm - "out of the mouth of two or three witnesses" right? And the turkey timer says i'm cookin. We called our families and told them the good news

The rest of the night I was battling a fever. Since I knew I was pregnant I knew I could only take Tylenol and couldn't do much else. Once my fever hit 100.5 I told Jeremy to take me to the hospital (102 and it's REALLY not good for the baby). I told him to take me to Jordan Valley Hospital - even though I had heard bad stories, I was despirate. As they were checking me in they discovered that my temp was 101.3 or so. That got me more worried. After some fun experiences of creepy guys, telling the nurse what meds pregnant ladies aren't supposed to take, and a guy runny down the hall screaming "JOHN!" we finally got some answers - they confirmed I'm pregnant and that I had a virus. They said that I was also dehydrated so I'm working on that. I did get feeling a little better that night. We got to the hospital around 10PM and left around 2:30AM. Wow what a night.

I stayed home the rest of Friday so I could get some sleep. The rest of the weekend was spent trying to keep hydrated (which is more difficult than it sounds). To do that i've been drinking an average of over 4 liters (crazy huh?). If I start getting in the least bit close to being dehyrated I start getting sick. Other than that I think I have been pretty symptom free.

I think Jeremy and I getting more and more excited for this little surprise.

5 comments:

Jesse C said...

Wow! Congratulations guys! I'm sorry you are sick, hope you get feeling better soon.

Jeremy said...

Cool stuff, minus you being really sick of course!

Hallie and I were the same way when we started to think she was pregnant, but we took like 4 or 5 tests. It was really hard for me to believe a piece of plastic that you pee on, but the plastic was right in the end-even if I didn't believe it till our first official dr. appointment when they did a full exam...

LeAnn said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys, you will have to keep us posted as things happen. Hopefully the sickness will past the further along you get.

Lyndee said...

Congrats! I am sure the sickness will pass. This is great news!

Scooby and Jon said...

Congratulations!!! I'm excited for you.